Receive daily digests of our latest posts.

RSS Or subscribe to our RSS feed.

Popular Tags

abandoned, abortion, abroad, absolute, absolutely, abuse, abused, abused hatred jealousy evny, abusive, accept, accident, acting, actions, active, addicted, addiction, adults, advice, affair, afraid, alcohol, alcoholism, alright,

Too selfish of me?


Posted 17th March 2011 94

It’s probably really selfish of me to think this, but for once I wish someone would notice me. I send out greeting cards to my friends when it’s their birthday, or when something good happened to them, so I send a congratulations cards, or even just a random ‘I’m thinking of you’ card. Recently I started getting a bit of pocket money and money from odd jobs here and there and I can safely say that 85% of my money goes to someone else, mostly in the form of gifts. The other 15% I keep for my university expenses such as bus fare and the occasional lunch. Yet today, after blowing almost $200 yesterday on things that all ended up with other people, I can’t help but wonder - why doesn’t anyone write a card to me back? I don’t get things in the mail, or from someone in person. Hell, I don’t even have any friends at uni since they moved to a separate state entirely. And now I see you all on Twitter, planning on sending gifts to everyone but me. I can’t help but feel a bit sad. The person I think is my best friend constantly drops hints about things she wants and I can’t help but to buy them for her even though I tell myself not to…and I’m not doing that any longer. Sometimes I just feel like as long as I can buy her things that she wants, she’s allowing me to stay around her. And she’s the one who has a steady job, unlike me. I feel so used. :(

Got something to say? Post Now! It’s totally anonymous… rant or confess about anything!

Bookmark This Page

Digg reddit Delicious StumbleUpon Facebook MySpace Twitter Google


Nobody has posted any comments. Be the first!

Add Comment

Enter an alias, you may leave this blank
Make your thoughts about this post known to the world

Post a confession or rant now! It’s completely anonymous.